Department of Emergency Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine at The University of New Mexico in Albuquerque is one of the premier programs for EM research and education in the country. Building on cutting-edge clinical care in adult EM, pediatric EM, EMS and critical care, the department supports a dynamic and innovative array of academic programs.
The mission of the department is to provide outstanding emergency care to patients, to give the very best education possible to EM providers, and to prepare the next generation of EM leaders. Our department includes the following:
- Center for Injury Prevention Research and Education
- Center for Disaster Medicine
- Center for Rural and Tribal EMS
- Emergency Medical Services Academy
- International Mountain Medicine Center
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Read more about the Department of Emergency Medicine.