Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The University of New Mexico improves the health of women through clinical care, education and research. Our obstetrician/gynecologist faculty includes specialists in:
Donate online to the Dr. Luis Ben Curet Endowed Professorship/Chair in OB/GYN.
- Family planning
- Female cancers
- Female incontinence and prolapse
- High-risk pregnancy
- Minimally invasive surgery
We care about the communities we serve, which includes Albuquerque, Rio Rancho and the entire state of New Mexico.
We strive to:
- Provide high quality, compassionate, patient-centered care to all New Mexico women.
- Provide evidence-based education and training to medical students, resident physicians, fellows, faculty colleagues and private practitioners.
- Increase women’s health knowledge by pursuing innovative and evaluative research.
Outstanding Clinical Care
We deliver patient care throughout the state of New Mexico. Women receive services at UNM Hospital, community and hospital clinics, and Sandoval Regional Medical Center. As a referral center for the most complex problems, we strive to maintain excellent relationships with referring providers and give timely information about their patients’ care.