How You Can Make a Difference

The UNM Department of Family and Community Medicine (FCM) is so grateful for the consistent support and sponsorship of you, our valued alumni, volunteers, community partners and friends.

Support from generous donors like you allows FCM to establish fellowship programs, retain top-ranked faculty and provide educational opportunities for disadvantaged students. 

With your donations, we specifically provide excellent clinical practice and specialty training, residency training, support research and educational endeavors by our faculty, and fund continuing medical education.

We appreciate monetary gifts of all sizes, which will go towards current priority areas.

Priority areas include:

  • The Warren & Rosalee Heffron Faculty & Graduate Fellowship for International Health
  • Educational programs, particularly interdisciplinary training of rural primary care physicians
  • Attracting and retaining dedicated minority and Native American students and residents
  • Attracting and retaining dedicated, diverse, high quality faculty
  • Faculty chairs and professorships
  • Chair discretionary support for our department’s innovative programs
  • Physician Assistant Program

Designated gifts can be established with the following contributions:

  • Scholarship for $25,000
  • Fellowship for $100,000
  • Professorship $1,000,000
  • Chair $2,000,000+ 

Let us know if you have questions about where your dollars go, or want to allocate funds to special projects or particular programs. We would like to embark on many other initiatives and hope you'll consider giving.

Other Ways to Give

There are many ways to contribute to the Department of Family and Community Medicine. In addition to cash donations, we accept real estate, non-cash items, stocks, bonds and planned estate gifts, among others.

Name a gift for someone you love, or for yourself. You can donate an outright gift or leave a gift in your will. You can contribute your gift over more than just one year.

To learn more about giving options, contact the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations or browse frequently asked questions about donating.