Faculty Affairs & Career Development
The UNM School of Medicine's diverse faculty is involved in education, research, clinical care and community service in effort to enhance the health of all New Mexicans, and our office is here to help reach those goals.
Current and volunteer faculty are supported by our office in the following areas:
- Faculty recruitment
- Reviewing letters of offer
- Ensuring equitable compensation with appropriate job duties
Faculty retention efforts include:
- Career development workshops
- One-on-one career counseling
- Mentoring programs
- Promotion processes
- Faculty recognition initiatives
As the human resources office for faculty, we review and update policies, and handle legal issues, faculty leave, payroll and separations. In addition, our office is charged with conducting all high-level School of Medicine searches for deans, chairs and directors.