Ambulatory Care PGY2 Residency
Apply for a Pharmacy Residency
Apply online using PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service). You'll need to submit:
- Letter of intent describing your interests and goals
- Curriculum vitae
- College of pharmacy transcripts
- Three letters of recommendations from health care professionals who can speak to your practice abilities
After we review your application, you may receive an invitation for an on-site interview. This interview is required for admission.
Gain experience providing pharmaceutical care to patients living with chronic conditions, including HIV. Apply to the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center ambulatory care post-graduate year two pharmacy residency.
You'll collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in general medicine and specialized outpatient clinics as you prepare to become a clinical pharmacist or obtain a faculty position.
Our program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Learn from Leaders
Train at UNM Health Sciences Center and its affiliated clinics – recognized as New Mexico's leader in providing health care to the state's uniquely diverse population. Learn more about UNM HSC.
Throughout the program, you'll work closely with certified pharmacist clinicians, also known as advanced practice pharmacists – providers with training to give primary care.
Get hands-on experience and earn patient contact hours toward a pharmacist clinician license as you care for patients in a variety of outpatient settings.
- Administration (longitudinal)
- Diabetes and cardiovascular risk reduction (two months and longitudinal)
- Endocrinology teleECHO™ Clinic (longitudinal)
- Primary care for transgender individuals and people living with HIV (two months)
- Research (one month and longitudinal)
- Teaching/academia experience (longitudinal)
- Heart failure
- Outpatient infectious disease
- Pain management
- Pediatric pulmonary
- Telephonic medication therapy management (MTM)
Grow your teaching skills through a wide range of opportunities to coach, guide and instruct:
- Give didactic lectures in a large classroom setting and instruct in the Patient Care Lab.
- Serve as a student preceptor.
- Join our teaching certificate program.
- Choose an academia elective to prepare yourself for a career in higher education.
Take advantage of designated time to complete a research project and prepare a publication-ready manuscript. You'll enjoy an opportunity to present at the Western States Residency Conference.
Live in New Mexico
Enjoy living in the sunny Southwest – we average more than 300 days of sunshine each year. You'll find ample opportunities for outdoor recreation and a thriving arts community.
Pharmacy Residency Benefits
As a PGY2 pharmacy resident, you'll receive:
- A salary of approximately $52,000
- Nine holidays, 10 vacation days, and up to 10 days of professional leave
- Health insurance
- Registration and travel to attend ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Western States Residency Conference
You're eligible to apply for the ambulatory care PGY2 pharmacy residency if you:
- Hold a doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an accredited school or college of pharmacy
- Are eligible for New Mexico pharmacist licensure
- Completed a PGY1 residency
For more information, contact: