MS4 Anesthesiology & Critical Care at UNMH
Fourth-year medical students who are interested in anesthesiology have the opportunity to participate in a sub-internship with The University of New Mexico School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology. The month-long rotation consists of:
- Didactic discussions about preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative management.
- An opportunity to function as a member of the anesthesia team on a daily basis.
- Sessions in the high-fidelity human simulator.
- Participation in all departmental educational conferences.
For visiting medical students applying for an away rotation, the minimum requirements are:
- Student in good standing with home institution.
- No more than one failed grade in medical school transcript.
- Must have taken USMLE STEP I with a grade of greater than 200.
Each rotation block accommodates a maximum of four students.